Tonight we held our first online meeting and it was a great success; thank you to everyone who participated! Minutes from that meeting can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/4xg3rqh. That will be a continuous document to track our progress and updates.
We formed committees to tackle various logistics and are looking for others to join those groups. They are as followed:
– Physical infrastructure: determining plans/strategies for food, water, sleeping arrangements, supplies, first aid kits, batteries and more for an extended occupation.
– Outreach: managing social networking, contacting organizations, designing flyers and pamphlets, facilitating meetups. Also includes media/art/journalism.
– Transportation: getting people to the occupation, as well as mapping out routes to march/rally.
– Legality: researching and distributing information about citizen’s rights and safety.
– Technology: troubleshooting potential issues with communication, organizing servers and networks, discuss options for podcasts/pirate radio/walkie talkies, etc. Also need to build a better website.
If you are interested in becoming a part of one of these committees or have something to add, please email email@example.com with the name of the committee in the subject line as well as the task you would like to tackle.
We also have a running list of organizations to contact and collaborate with. If you want to help with this, or are part of an organization and want to work with us, please email us.
Another online meeting will be held on August 28th at 8 p.m.; due to the unfamiliarity with IRC, another groupchat option will be used for the next meeting, possibly Skype. More info will come this week. An online meeting is also scheduled for September 4th, and an in-person meetup is in the works for September 11th. Info on that will also be available soon.
The IRC channel will be open continuously if you would like to stop by and chat, and you can also get a hold of someone through email.