Where to start? There are lots of ways to get the ball rolling in your community.
1) Use social networking. Design posters and fliers and set them as profile pictures or share them on your profile. Social networking is free and has the potential to reach a wide audience.
2) Talk to your friends. Have a meeting to discuss logistics, such as where, what time, and how long.
3) Spread the word beyond friends. Send emails to leaders and groups in your community. Draft a press release to send out to publications and blogs.
4) Make zines or fliers to pass out around town. Leave a stack at the library and other community facilities. Include necessary information and a contact number/email.
5) Contact your university campus. Many colleges have active political groups that can provide marketing assistance as well as students looking to get involved.
Read more tips here at DoSomething.org.